Both buying locally and wholesale have advantages: local purchases typically are associated with the benefits of better service and buying wholesale is typically associated with reduced costs. The good news is that at Financial Plan you get the best of both worlds. Not only do we pride ourselves on providing financial planning tailored to the needs of each client, but as the largest fee-only firm in the area we have been able to obtain access to investments and receive cost reductions our clients couldn’t receive on their own. For example, our clients receive: • Lower transaction fees (costs to buy and sell funds) than they would as retail customers of TD Ameritrade. • Access to investments through Dimensional Fund Advisors that wouldn’t be available otherwise. • Access to share classes with lower expense ratios. Mutual fund companies often have many share classes of the same investment. The underlying holdings of the fund are the same, but the expensesassociated with the investment are different. Because everything is the same except for the costs, the share class with the lower expense ratio will outperform by the difference in costs each year. For example, Vanguard has a share class known as “Admiral Shares” that is less expensive than their Investor class, but a high minimum investment is required. Because of your relationship with us, you can now access the Admiral shares without meeting the Vanguard minimum investment amount. We recently moved your Vanguard Investor class shares to the less expensive Admiral shares. Read the full newsletter
Devin Wolf, CFP® serves as our Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and leads our 401(k) branch. As a wealth manager Devin is responsible for delivering comprehensive financial solutions to high net worth clientele. His expertise in navigating complex situations has lead to working with business owners and clients with taxable estates.
- Information About the 2017 Equifax Security Breach
- Spring 2017 – Is Economic Growth a Reliable Indicator of Future Equity Returns?
- Online Sites at Financial Plan, Inc. – Winter 2017
- Please Welcome The Newest Addition To Our Company: Justin Gross
- Trailing by One Point. No Time on the Clock. Two Free Throws. – Summer 2016
- Stock Market Performance and the Weather – Winter 2016
- Negative Interest Rates: Coming to a Bank Near You?
- How to Survive a Bear (Market) Attack
- Are Solar Bonds A Good Investment?
- Withdrawal Rates – Autumn 2015
- Should You Buy Life Insurance From An Agent?
- Understanding Actual Returns vs. Average Returns
- The Financial Crisis in Greece
- Savings Rates – Summer 2015
- 10 Steps For a Better Investment Experience
- Reconstitution Effect
- Socially Responsible Investments: The Good, The Bad, and The Green
- The Crucial Difference Between Investment Brokers And Fee-Only Advisors
- Welcome Gabriel Twining – Spring 2015
- 3 Simple Investment Principles To Keep You Out Of Wonderland
- Tax Planning 101: How To Make The Most Of Your Tax Bracket
- Understanding IRA Transfer and Rollover Rules
- Secrets for Self-Employed Retirement Success
- Quantifying the Value of an Excellent Financial Advisor
- Home Bias – Winter 2015
- Why Becoming An S Corp May Be Bad For Your Retirement Plans
- 2014 Christmas Brunch
- 401(k) and other Pension Plan Contribution Limits Increase in 2015
- Financial Plan is Moving – Autumn 2014
- Financial Plan, Inc. Moves to Barkley Village